Monday, September 26, 2016

Blog Post 3

My Question for this week is what do you feel is the most difficult challenge you will face with teaching? The book talked a lot about children with developmental problems such as Attention Deficit Disorder. Many of my classmates mentioned this as well. I feel like this a concern that a lot of young teachers encounter. ADD in children is a challenge that seems to becoming more and more apparent in the teaching world, and how to address it is almost as big of a problem. I feel as if the pattern as of late is to just treat all children with a little bit of a problem the same way, they are either pushed off to another class or medicated. I hope and feel as if this pattern is being changed or at least people want to change it! All my fellow classmates seemed very motivated to change this pattern, but that doesn't mean it won't be easy. Dealing with these types of children has to be difficult. I worked with a little boy this summer you had Autism, and it was one of the most difficult things for me to work with him, but he was such an amazing boy that it made it worth it. But, as a teacher you have to be very motivated to help these students along with patient. It is way easier said then done to say that you will never get aggravated and want to give up. To me, from the reading and class discussion, it is important to ask what one's biggest challenge in teaching would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment