Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Field Post 1

INTERPRETATIONS

- Children responded to kind voice and singing
- Children were loud when teacher didn't seem like they were paying attention
- Children liked assignments where they could bring it back to their own lives and stand up and talk rather then the math lesson
- The kindergardeners got distracted very easily and needed to be continuously stimulated
- Kindergarden teacher sang and was way more playful
- 4th grade teacher was harsher and more flat with the children

DESCRIPTIONS
- Kindergarden teacher sings and talks in a playful voice
- Children get rowdy and loud throughout the class time
- In the fourth grade class, students had two lessons in the time we were observing. One, the students talked about the sports they liked and why other people's interests were important too. In the second activity was a math question they had to work on independently.
- There was always something going on in the Kindergarden classroom. A full minute didn't go by without someone talking.

PARKING LOT
An observation that we made through our visit and discussion is that the classrooms were very different. The fourth grade classroom was set in a much more structured manner, while the Kindergarden classroom was more free form and filled with stimulation.


I discovered what I think was something I already knew about myself from this visit. I discovered that I really want to teach younger children. My partners and I visited both a fourth grade and Kindergarden classroom. Both my partners liked the fourth grade classroom better, saying that there was too much going on in the kindergarden classroom and too much stimulation needed. That the children needed to be talked to as too low of a level. I had the opposite view. I loved the Kindergarden classroom much more then the fourth grade classroom. I felt very at home in the class. I realized this is where I really want to be, with younger children. I loved the way that the teacher interacted with the children and the stimulation that filled the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment