Thursday, September 15, 2016

Blog Post 2

Wow. Asking why I want to be a teacher is kind of a heavy question. The path that brought me to teaching is a little more unconventional then most. I sit in class and see all the freshman around me that already know they want to be teachers and I think about the process until my Junior year of college that it took me to decide I wanted to become a teacher. I'll admit it, the money was a factor for me. It made me sacred to admit that is something I wanted to dedicate my life to, but I always felt a calling to teaching. One day I realized that this was going to be the rest of my life, I want it to be something that I wake up every morning and love. I want to be a teacher because I think It is what I was meant to do. When I'm with a classroom full of students I feel natural and at home. I was studying to be a broadcast journalist and I feel so much more comfortable standing in front of a classroom full of students then a camera. The book talks about loving teaching being worth it and overshadowing any negatives. I completely agree with the books statement there. I want to be a teacher because I absolutely love it. When I worked with my class of preschoolers this summer It brought me so much gratification and happiness everyday. When the end of the summer came and I received notes from all the parents of my students about how thankful they were for my work this summer I knew right then that this is what I was supposed to do for the rest of my life. The feeling I got every day when my students walked up to drop off, no matter how tired I was or if I had a bad night the night before, is why I why I want to be a teacher. It is a feeling that I couldn't get going into work anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment