Monday, November 7, 2016

Field Post 3

Thinking of the craft of teaching some questions I could come up with include, " What does a specific teacher find the most important element of teaching?", also " Does this specific teacher find teaching the facts before critical thinking important? Do they believe that one needs to first teach facts before a student can critically think about them, the facts aren't necessary if the student critically thinks, or they go hand in hand when teaching?"
I'm basing these questions off of the reading which we did for class last week. The reading by Paulo Freire discuses a lot about he banking system of education and how students need to critically think and be taught to critically think instead of just being taught facts and that learning is only about facts. I had some questions about this reading, because I think there is an element of memorizing to anything someone teaches and learns. I do not believe that a teacher can be successful with their students without teaching facts before allowing the student to critically think about them and I wanted to ask questions to see if other people who are teachers and who have experience with this agree with me. I'm only a student myself and do not know what it is really like to teach in a classroom and I might have a skewed perspective about the banking system of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment